Job Type: Full-time
About the role
Our fast-growing firm is hiring 1-2 candidates for immediate openings for the closer position. The ideal candidate has experience in the title, real estate, mortgage, loan or banking industry. They will be very detail-oriented and have the ability to work on several files simultaneously while maintaining the highest level of customer service. They will work with multiple internal and external parties to move a file from contract to close. They must have a positive attitude and team player mentality. These hires will have at least two years closing experience and preference will be given to exceptional candidates with experience using the Qualia software platform. Pay is extremely competitive, with eligibility for performance-based and year-end bonuses. MUST BE LOCAL, though some flexibility is available for very experienced closers to work partially from home. If you are tired of being overworked and taken for granted, you may have found your forever home!
- Interface with attorneys and clients in a respectful, confidential manner
- Prepare and review legal documents including agreements, contracts, deeds, titles, mortgages, and liens
- Ability to work closely with our preclosing staff and attorneys coordinating title clearance
- Ability to conduct research on applicable real estate transaction laws and regulations
- Create timelines and adhere to the deadlines required to close in a timely process
- Prepare CD’s and settlement statements as well as all closing documents for closing.
- Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered, or wired according to instructions.
- Balance file, obtain funding approvals and issue checks
- Issue title policies (owners and lenders)
- Prioritize numerous tasks in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Review and confirm that the pre-closing process is complete and accurate.
- Record documents, disbursements of closing proceeds and other post-closing tasks
- provide information to callers, drafting correspondence, and handling mail
- Degree in paralegal or legal studies, or paralegal certificate, or 2+ years of experience in real estate transactions
- Familiar with standard closing concepts, practices and procedures of the real estate settlement industry
- Ability and willingness to make phone calls and follow up diligently on required items
- Ability to communicate with lenders and other parties in a positive, friendly and helpful way
- Very quality conscious and takes extreme pride in work done well
- Ability to professionally manage challenging clients and diffuse conflict situations and resolve closing issues quickly
- Ability to work on multiple files concurrently without making errors
- Demonstrated communication ability oral, written, and electronic
- Ability to perform independently, taking ownership of delegated tasks
- Technology proficient on word processing, data processing, document production, and general understanding of computer and information technology
- Orientation towards continual learning, growth, and change
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to manage high volume transactions
- Intermediate to advanced experience working within closing software systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with Qualia is a plus